The Aviron Bayonnais, established in 1904, was originally a rowing
club on the river Nive but also played rugby at the
local club: Bayonne Stadium.
These two clubs merged under the name Aviron Bayonnais in 1907.
Today the Aviron Bayonnais is a multi sports center.
At the Jean Dauger stadium, named after one of the world's best players from Bayonne,
players wear white and blue, fans sing "la pena Baiona"
led by by Pottoka, the club mascot named after the Basque mountain ponies, the pottocks.
Visit their web site for more information : www.abrugby.fr