intNumber = 5
 
logo
Capbreton church

Churches in Capbreton


South Coast of the Landes


South west France

The St. Nicolas Church in Capbreton centre was built in 1539

the Church St. Nicolas in Capbreton

Worth a visit to admire the beautiful marble and wood sculptures including a Piétat from the XV century, the frescoes and the stained glass windows.

The bell tower served as a "lighthouse" and was also used as look out post to guard against invading ships.







The Chapel of the Beach

La chapel, Capbreton

The interior frescoes are by Marcel Louis Dillais, the fresco outside represents "the announcement to the Virgin Mary."

The bell was installed in August 1952.

Churches on the Basque Coast & the Landes Visit Capbreton